Brandon: At some point, you get to know the other person's family. Boy was I surprised what I was getting into. Yeah, Cecilia gave me a little heads up, but I did not know what to expect.
First there's her two sisters Savannah and Sabina and the runt of the bunch, Robert. I knew more about Sabina than any of the others. I already knew a little bit about her "broadway of a life". Savannah, eh, she had talent. Robert, I knew ran around and played in the band. That was the extent of my knowledge of her family.
Cecilia: Robert the runt? hahahahaha maybe in age but definitely NOT in height. That would be Savannah as she is only 1 inch shorter than I am.
Brandon: Yes, I was referring to age. Kinda like the runt of the litter. Anyway, So I had some learning to do, and a lot of it meant learning more than her siblings. To give you more of an idea. I didn't even know, or at least remember, her mom.
So, lemme give you the breakdown that I got... hopefully. We'll start with the youngest:
Robert-He's this guy who's graduating high school. Plays football and runs track.
Cecilia: Played football, past tense.
Brandon: Sorry. He also likes to play chess and Risk. I challenged him to some of both. I can beat him at Risk, but don't put your money on me all the time when playing chess.
Cecilia: That was really fun for me watching you guys kick each other's butts at these games :) It made me smile because you got along with each other really well :) and the bantering back and forth was funny too. okay. I be quiet now so you can finish...maybe...
Brandon: Anyways, Robert also has this sense of humor, like linking green cards from Apples to Apples with Mexicans with green cards. He also likes to make minor changes when you aren't looking to things in hopes that you will notice and have a change of attitude. Don't worry, it didn't phase me.
Sabina- She has a mind and will of her own. Also, note to self: stay out of the kitchen when Sabina is in there. Not that I don't want to be in the kitchen, but no kitchen is big enough for the both of us.
Cecilia: Hahahaha so true :) The kitchen is Sabina's domain and oh man-she is one heck of a cook/baker. Sometimes I have to remind her to not put so much spice in the food so we can eat it, but oh it's so good. My favorite candy of hers that she makes are the chocolate bon bons (also called Drops of Jupiter). SOOO good. oh...and she would probably kick your butt at some things too...
Brandon: She may be able to kick my butt at some things, but I can get a swat or two in myself.
Cecilia: Yes. Yes you can.
Brandon: I also agree with the chocolate bon bons being delicious.
Savannah- I didn't get to know Savannah as well as the rest of the family, but she reminds me of a mother hen. Of course, it doesn't really help that she has a little daughter running around. That makes it perfectly legal. From what Cecilia tells me, she is also very talented in the music department.
Momma Gerber- Yes, I call her that. Cecilia gets a few laughs out of it too. Her mom is pretty cool. Just be careful when you play The Farming Game with her. She might slip a few bills into one pocket and pull some more out of another. Then there's this thing about taxing her children when they reach the end of the game. I don't know what that's about, but hey, I don't get taxed.
Cecilia: Um, you WILL get taxed because you're a part of the family. Son-in-law or biological, you get taxed. :) Oh and her pockets? She calls that her "savings account". It's always a good idea to have one.
Brandon: As of right now, I'm only a future son-in-law.
Her mom is pretty stellar and she knows how to knock a few heads around... in a manner of speaking.
The grandparents- Now, these are the ones you gotta watch out for. After you've been living down on the farm, you're gonna get smacked around a bit. Grandpa is pretty good at that and grandma will make sure that you got enough to eat. Also, be forewarned of the sarcasm... there's A LOT!
Cecilia: Nuh-uh!
Brandon: Thinks you. So anyways, that's the lowdown from the outsider's look in on the Gerber family.
No comments:
Post a Comment